With 800m+ Facebook users, 300m+ Twitter users and 116m LinkedIn users, we’ve all heard the astounding numbers, often quoted, amid the social media hype. But did you know that social media now drives more traffic to many popular sites than Google? Similarly, did you also know that, according to eMarketer, over half of executives view work-related video content several times a week, and a quarter at least once a day? Understanding how to strategically benefit from the accelerating growth of social media is central to the SMWF agenda.
We’re past the time when many businesses still had to be convinced that social channels were something worth bothering about; we get it now, the will is there. With the right touch, social media channels can be used for everything from customer acquisition and brand building, to reputation monitoring and PR crisis management. What’s required is the strategic insight to give marketers the subtle techniques and approaches that can transform social media from a lip-service marketing add-on, to an effective, measurable cornerstone of a coordinated communications strategy.
Key issues examined in this track include:
– How can marketers demonstrate ROI on social media strategy?
– What tools exist to measure true engagement?
– How does engagement and influence translate into sales?
– Controlling the message around your brand in the social environment
– How are the best organizations actively listening and participating in social conversations?
– Incorporate gaming elements within social media to drive engagement
For free access to the Social Media World Forum 2012 click HERE